Pleasant People Inc.
72 HOUR DRIVER'S INTERVENTION PROGRAM RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
72 HOUR DRIVER'S INTERVENTION PROGRAM RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Punctuality is very important. You are to arrive for check-in between 4:30 PM Thursday and no later than 6:00 PM. Unless approved by Executive Director in extreme emergency. If you arrive as late as (6:00 PM) you will not be allowed to participate in the program and will be asked to reschedule at a later date and charged a rescheduling fee ($50.00) which must be paid before you can attend.) NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. You will need to take Dip Program by 6 months after original registration Report to the main lobby of the DoubleTree Cleveland- Independence and inform the front desk that you are here for Pleasant People Inc. (It is not recommended that you say to them that you are here for Driver Intervention Education so that your confidentiality is protected.) PLEASANT PEOPLE STAFF WILL MEET YOU IN THE LOBBY OF THE DOUBLETREE HOTEL. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MASK ON WHEN YOU ENTER HOTEL ONE WILL GIVEN TO YOU BEFORE BEING ESCORTED TO CONFERENCE ROOM. (DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS GUIDELINES. MASKS ARE WORN AT ALL TIMES. ALL STAFF AND CLIENTS WILL BE SCREENED WITH A (NO TOUCH FOREHEAD THERMOMETER) EACH DAY WHILE AT DIP WEEKEND. (THERE ARE SHARED ROOMS ONLY IF BOTH PERSONS HAVE BEEN VACCINATED SHOWING PROOF. COST: $375.00 each Same gender in Room. SINGLE OCCUPANCY-COST: $600.00 The non-refundable fee full payment is due minimum one week prior to the beginning of the program by money order, certified check, cash, debit card or credit card. You can call our office to register and pay by credit card, debit card. Money order, or certified check if mailing payment, please make payment to Joyce Pleasant Howard/Pleasant People Inc. Mailing address: 16200 Euclid Ave. suite 205, 2nd, Flr. East Cleveland, Ohio
44112. ( payment must reach our office before date of DIP program.
• The fee covers three nights in the hotel-Thursday 4:30 PM to Sunday 4:30PM, Due to Covid 19 guidelines (ALL MEALS ARE EATEN IN CLIENTS OWN ROOM SO THAT CLIENT’S CAN HAVE THEIR OWN PRIVACY AND REMOVE THEIR MASKS TO ENJOY EATING AND DRINKING LIQUIDS.) ALL FOOD IS PREPARED BY HOTEL RESTAURANT STAFF. ALL AREAS WILL BE SANITIZED BY PLEASANT PEOPLE STAFF WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING BEING 6FT-
• MANDATORY DISTANCING FROM EACH CLIENT SEATING ARRANGEMENT. HAND SANITIZERS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN ampitheater WHERE DIP PROGRAM TAKES PLACE, AND AT ALL TIMES THROUGHOUT HOTEL MASKS ARE TO BE WORN BY CLIENTS AND STAFF OF PLEASANT PEOPLE INC. DIP PROGRAM. THERE WILL ALSO BE GLOVES PROVIDED IF NEEDED BY CLIENTS. Meals are provided Friday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Sunday: Breakfast and Lunch. (You Will Be Going Home At 4:30 PM for Dinner).
• If you have special dietary requirements, please inform Pleasant People Staff prior to you arriving at the hotel on Thursday. You may bring snacks with you, rooms have a refrigerator and microwave in them.
NO ORDERING FOODS FROM HOTEL OR OUTSIDE RESTAURANTS (ONLY FOOD PROVIDED BY DOUBLETREE RESTAURANT FOR PLEASANT PEOPLE PROGRAM IS PERMITTED ( YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BRING FOOD OR SNACKS WITH YOU.) ALL CONCERNS ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO (PLEASANT PEOPLE INC. STAFF ONLY.) NOT HOTEL STAFF. ( At The Weekend Call: Joyce Pleasant- Howard at: 440-654-6290 or Rick Howard at: 216-624-3602 for concerns when you are in your rooms.
• UPON ARRIVAL AT THE PROGRAM SITE YOUR LUGGAGE/PURSE/PERSONAL ITEMS WILL BE SEARCHED TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE TO AVOID SOMEONE BRINGING ANY ALCOHOL OR DRUGS ON HOTEL PREMISES. Any alcohol, drugs or other contraband (this includes but is not limited to any types of energy drinks, five-hour shots, caffeine pills, DVD players, game systems, laptops or other electronics, inappropriate reading materials will be confiscated. All property will be given back to you at the end of the 72- hour program, (if alcohol or drugs are found in your possession ALL will be destroyed and you will be terminated from program without refund and courts will be notified.
• CELL PHONES ARE ALLOWED ON WEEKEND. PHONES ARE TO BE TURNED IN TO PLEASANT PEOPLE STAFF DURING ALL PROGRAMMING IN AMPITHEATER AND WILL BE GIVEN BACK TO YOU ONLY DURING BREAKS, MEALTIMES, OR WHEN THERE IS NO PROGRAMMING.
• Medications brought to the 72-Hour program MUST be in their original bottles and clearly labeled or you will not be able to take it during the program. It will be secured in a locked box. Medications will only be given as prescribed this includes over the counter or prescriptions. When it is time to take the medication(s) a medication log sheet will be completed each time medication is taken and initialed by client and staff observing you self- administer medication. (ONLY BRING ENOUGH MEDICATION FOR THE DAYS WHILE YOU ARE AT PROGRAM FOR EACH DAY ONLY)
• Smoking is allowed in designated areas only. NO SMOKING IN HOTEL. YOU WILL BE FINED BY FIRE MARSHALL AND DISCHARGED FROM PROGRAM IN THE EVENT ANY SMOKE IS DETECTED IN ROOMS OR HOTEL.
• There will be no use of alcohol or any drugs while you are at the 72-Hour Program. If you are suspected of alcohol use, you will be asked to take a breathalyzer test and then will be asked to leave immediately if you test positive for alcohol. If you drove to the program site and are under the influence a ride will be called to pick you up. The appropriate court will be notified reason for discharge.
• You are not allowed in each other’s rooms. Exception is if you are registered in a shared room (2 persons) You are expected to keep your room decent. If you need linen or towels inform Pleasant People Inc. Staff.
• Wakeup is at 7:30 AM. for breakfast. (If you do not want to be awakened for breakfast inform staff the night before.) You must answer the door and be dressed in appropriate attire when you are escorted from your room, (shoes always worn, no tank tops, short shorts, no alcohol/drug related clothing please, no hats worn in amphitheater.
When you leave your room make sure you bring all items with you that you need for the day. Your Pen, Client Workbook, or clothing sweater or jacket due to air conditioning or weather. You will only return to your room during breaks and mealtimes and will be ALWAYS ACOMPANIED BY STAFF. (THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY AND CONFIDENTIALITY). YOU WILL RETIRE TO YOUR ROOMS NO LATER THAN 8:30 PM, UNLESS YOU ARE BEING SEEN BY YOUR ASSIGNED COUNSELOR.
• No visitors allowed except as program dictates (if you have left medications, eyeglasses at home family or significant other may drop off at front desk for Pleasant People Staff to pick up for you.
• NO KNIVES GUNS OR WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED (IF YOU BRING ITEMS THEY WILL BE CONFISCATED) ANY THREATS MADE TO STAFF OR OTHER PERSONS, WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISCHARGE FROM THE PLEASANT PEOPLE INC. PROGRAM AND LEGAL ACTION TAKEN IF APPROPRIATE. SEXUAL HARRASSMENT TOWARD STAFF OR OTHER PERSONS WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISCHARGE FROM THE PLEASANT PEOPLE INC. PROGRAM. COURTS WILL BE NOTIFIED.
• You are not allowed in weight rooms or exercise room, pools, game room or any other place in hotel for activities other than Programming at Pleasant People Inc.
• All rooms for DIP program phones in room will be restricted for outside calls as to not incur any EXPENSES TO Pleasant People Inc. Or Hotel. (ONLY STAFF PHONES WILL BE ON IN ROOMS). Use your personal cell phones. If you do not have a phone inform Pleasant People staff when you check-in for DIP Weekend Program. We will accommodate to help you with calls during your stay at the weekend. (We do not wish for you to not be able to communicate to your significant others, or others of importance).
• You are not allowed to purchase videos or movies of any kind on your TV.
Only view what is FREE on your TV. This ensures that no billing of any kind may be left on DoubleTree Hotel or Pleasant People Inc.
• Pleasant People Inc., is a 72-hour residential program certified by the Mental Health and Drug Addiction Services Board. You have the option to attend this program instead of serving three (3) days in jail. This program is an alternative to incarceration for persons who have been arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or any drugs of abuse. Pleasant People Inc. is here to help individuals recognize the seriousness of DUI and the need to change their drinking and driving practices. Pleasant People Inc. accomplishes this through education and referral services. The goal of the program is to help reduce the amount of DUI cases in the community by promoting safety through education.
I understand The Rules and Expectations of Pleasant People Inc. 72-hour program. I will sign below and date that I will abide by all rules and do what is required of me at the program while I am there. I will return this form and receive a copy from Pleasant People Inc. for my records when I attend the program.
Pleasant People Inc. (Staff )_______________________________Date____________
Revised 12-30-2021 - J.P.H